United Way Helping Children and Youth Achieve Their Potential...
Support of partners and programs that provide opportunities and activities to develop desirable social, emotional, and intellectual tools to attain acadamic success, United Way of Warren County impacts Education by:
- Training youth in citizenship, responsibility, character education and self-reliance preparing them to be responsible citizens and able to make healthy life choices.
- Providing trained and caring mentors to young people who will give them emotional support and guidance that enhances self-esteem and self-control.
- Providing early childhood education centers to prepare children for kindergarten.
- Assisting parents in selecting and accessing appropriate, quality and affordable early childcare that will prepare children to successfully transition to school ready to learn.
- Providing camp experiences to families and youth, from disadvantaged backgrounds, which develop personal and interpersonal skills that will assist youth to positively impact their families, schools and communities