United Way Helping Families Become Financially Stable and Self-Sufficient...
Support of partners and programs that provide immediate assistance, training, education and resources to families and individuals experiencing economic crisis and hardships to become stable, self-sufficient and prosperous, UnIted Way of Warren County impact Income Stability by:
- Providing training to administrators and teachers in the childcare industry so that they may provide high quality childcare environments to working families.
- Ensuring that adults and children who are survivors of domestic violence and abuse have safe shelter and receive the necessary counseling, legal assistance and advocacy to improve their circumstances.
- Helping victims of natural and manmade disasters by providing emergency shelter, clothing, medical supplies and health services.
- Assisting those in our communities experiencing food insecurities by providing supplemental food supplies and referrals to services to improve their long-term needs.
- Serving the increasing homeless population in our community with shelter and case management assistance to secure and maintain housing.
- Providing consumer credit counseling, homebuyer education, budgeting and credit repair assistance.
- Helping seniors and families live independently in their homes by providing emergency home repairs, nutritional meals, emergency medication assistance and referrals.
- Teaching basic English language skills to adult students so they may improve literacy skills to gain or improve employment and function better in society.